Is your dog or cat showing depression or signs of aggression? Our veterinarians at Double Oak Mountain Animal Clinic will gladly help you if you have any concerns or questions regarding your pet’s behavior. Our staff is committed to quality patient care. We offer various services including preventive counseling, therapy for behavior problems and training to ensure your pet is well taken care of .
Here are some examples of behavioral concerns such as:
- Separation anxiety – anxiety provoked in a pet by separation or the threat of separation from their owner.
- Cognitive dysfunction – typically seen when a pet ages and cognitive function declines. Common signs of cognitive dysfunction are disorientation, interactions differ, sleep-wake cycle changes, house soiling, anxiety.
- Submissive urination – house soiling, marking, submissive/excitement urination, failure to signal for elimination, failure to go to the litter box.
- Aggression – all types: human directed, inter-dog, inter-cat aggression.
- Potty training – help your pets get familiar with elimination procedures.
- Hyperactivity – pets display frenetic activity, abnormally short attention spans, and high impulsiveness.
- Compulsive and Repetitive Behaviors – circling, tail chasing, fly snapping, excessive grooming such as feather damaging behavior, etc.
- Senior pet behaviors – sleep issues, disorientation, lack of interaction, stress etc.
Taking care of a troubled pet can be painful and time consuming, let us help you with our state of the art equipment and professional care. Schedule your appointment today at Double Oak Mountain Animal Clinic with a simple call (205) 991-5446.